Charlottesville and Albemarle Count
Discover quiet country roads, spectacular Blue Ridge views, and classic architecture … everything that Thomas Jefferson loved about Virginia. Visit his beautiful Monticello, the elegant Grounds of the University of Virginia, and Ash Lawn, the home of President Monroe, Montpelier, the home of President James Madison and the famous Michie Tavern.
Along the way, you’ll also discover your own fun, whether it’s hiking, biking, fine dining, or shopping. This is a corner of the world something wonderful greets you at every bend in the road…
- The Charlottesville-Albemarle Chamber of Commerce A healthy and growing economy. Workforce training. Innovation. A great place to live and to work and to raise a family. These are some of the positive benefits we all recognize as members of the Charlottesville-Albemarle business community.
- City of Charlottesville
- Charlottesville Albemarle Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Charlottesville Downtown Foundation Promoting the Charlottesville Downtown area through quality special events and activities that showcase the culture and heritage of this region.
- Monticello Avenue Charlottesville and Albemarle County Area resource link
- Albemarle County
- Virginia Tourism
- The Official Commonwealth of Virginia Home Page
- Martha Jefferson Hospital
- University of Virginia Hospital
- Charlottesville/Albemarle Airport
- Amtrak -Charlottesville Station
- UVA Continuing Education, a resource offering seminars in the liberal arts, opportunities to study abroad and academic degree programs of all kinds.
- The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at the University of Virginia brings together people from various backgrounds who share a common interest in learning and intellectual stimulation.Formed in association with the University of Virginia in 2001 as the Jefferson Institute for Lifelong Learning (JILL), the Institute was inspired by Thomas Jefferson’s own deeply-held belief in, and practice of, education as a lifelong enterprise which invigorates the mind and enriches life.
Arts & Entertainment
- John Paul Jones Arena
- University of Virginia Department of Drama
- The Paramount Theater
- The Virginia Film Festival
- University of Virginia McIntire Department of Music Calendar of Events
- Restaurants in Charlottesville
- Live Arts
Other Links of Interest
- University of Virginia Art Museum
- Guide to Charlottesville
- Virginia Living
- Monticello, The Estate of Thomas Jefferson Located in the Virginia Piedmont, Monticello is about two miles southeast of Charlottesville and approximately 125 miles from Washington, D.C.; 110 miles from Williamsburg, Virginia; and 70 miles from Richmond, Virginia.
- Ash Lawn-Highland Ash Lawn-Highland is an historic house museum, 535-acre working farm, and performing arts site in Albemarle County, Virginia.